Calvary Church of God In Christ Aston
Pastor David Henry
Pastor David Henry
Click here to add a short description
- To lead God's people by example; into righteous living and holiness with God's words as our guide (1 Peter 5:5)
- To lead the church into seeking God; in fasting and prayer (Matthew 7:7-12; Luke 18:1)
- To preach and teach the word of God, reach nations and all age groups
- To draw the greatest of sinners to Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 4:2; 1 Timothy 4:11; Titus 2:15)
- To develop and implement training, to restore men and women to their God-given position in their church, family and society.
- To train young men to become good Christian men, good fathers and husbands.
- To train young ladies to become women of purpose and good wives.
- To provide spiritual, social and economical support to our church.
- To equip the saints for the work of the ministry (Ephesians 4:11)
- To help the church establish an on-going evangelism cycle.
The word "Church" comes from the Greek work "Ecclesia" which is defined as the "called out ones". The church is called out of the world by Jesus Christ and is then sent back into the world to bring the good news of Hope and Salvation for everyone. Jesus said that we should "God therefore and make disciples of all the
Our church here in Aston is a soul-winning station and a soul-building station. We rejoice with every soul that is saved through the preaching, teaching and evangelism of this local church.
Preaching the Gospel is one of our primary goals. The truth of the gospel that the world needs to hear in order to be saved (the good news of Salvation).
Jesus loves everyone regardless of the sins we have committed. His love is an unconditional love, a love by choice and by an act of his will. God's love motivated him to give his only son. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). God gave his very best so that we can have everlasting life.,
To receive everlasting life, one must repent and turn from their sin, disobedience or rebellion and turn to God. (Matt 9:13; Luke 3:16). Jesus said to Nicodemus in John 3:3 that unless he is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
To extend the building
To develop in prayer and fasting
To fulfill the great commission (Matt 28:16-20) to reach the community of Aston and beyond.
To have a multicultural church.
To educate, encourage, instruct, inspire and edify all young believers in our church in the teaching of Jesus Christ.
Involve every department of the church in evangelism. (In order for our church here in Aston to be successful in evangelism every department of our church must wok together).
To involve members in evangelism (I know that not everyone can preach, teach and knock on doors but we are all called to be like Phillip that found Nathanael and told him that he has found the Savior Jesus, and invited him to "come and see". (John 1:41-51).
To encourage the believers and nurture them (every believer needs time to grow, some longer than others. Baptism is only, the beginning. In order for new believers to grow, in Christ Jesus they need support, encouragement and nurturing from fellow believers).